Breakdowns - we’ve got you covered.
Got a faulty instrument? Don’t worry, Baseline are here to get you back on line quickly. In most cases we can even supply a loan instrument for you to use whilst yours is being repaired*. With discounted rates for contract customers, and a wide range of parts and consumables from our trusted suppliers, Baseline are the obvious choice when it comes to repairing faulty equipment.
Three easy options:
We believe in keeping things simple, so we offer three easy ways to get your equipment repaired.
- Call: Our engineers will discuss your problem and offer potential solutions over the phone. This service is free for our contract customers.
- Post: Send your unit to us for diagnosis and repair.
- Visit: Arrange a site visit for one of our fully trained engineers to attend site and either carry out the repairs with the instrument in situ or bring the instrument back to our fully equipped workshop for further work, then return the repaired instrument to you.
Three reasons to choose us:
- No hidden fees: Our contract customers benefit from fixed call out rates (labour plus travel) and an agreed discount on all parts and consumables, and we will always contact you before fitting any new parts to explain what is needed and how much it will cost, so there are never any nasty surprises when the bill comes.
- Only pay for the parts you need: Breakdowns can occur at any time, on any machine. However good lab practice, regular servicing and preventative maintenance can reduce the risk and frequency of breakdowns - so why pay for parts you aren’t using? Contracts which include parts average the cost of parts across all customers, some labs take better care of their equipment than others so you could end up paying for someone else's parts! We prefer to charge parts to the user so that you only pay for what you need.
- Free Telephone Support*: Our trained engineers are only a call away... All our contracts come with free telephone and email support, we will always try to solve your problems over the phone before arranging a call out, saving you the time and cost of a site visit.
No Contract? No Problem - hourly rates for non contract customers
We can still repair your instrument either onsite or in our workshop for a fixed hourly fee, though to take advantage of our free phone support and discounted rates you’ll need to sign up to one of our service contracts, see our servicing page for more information.
Simply send your unit to us and for an initial inspection fee we will investigate and diagnose the fault before providing you with an estimated cost for the repair. If you decide to go ahead with the repair the inspection fee will be deducted from your final bill.
Alternatively we can arrange for one of our engineers to carry out the investigation and repair onsite, this will be charged at an hourly rate for parts, travel and labour.
*Free telephone support and loan instruments available to contract customers only, to take full advantage why not sign up to one of our service contracts?